Sunday, May 4, 2008

My Own "Bucket List"

A few years back I sat down and compiled a list of all of the things I wanted to accomplish in my life, some people call this a "Life List." I continue to add new goals to my "Life List", at the beginning of each year, or as I think of them. The majority of the list consists of travel and entertainment options, but equally as important are the little goals like gallop on a horse, (I've been horseback riding but we never galloped!) Other goals are of a more spiritual nature, while some are pretty lighthearted. No matter how crazy or small the goal is it has been very rewarding checking them off my list. This list has helped me narrow my focus in life and more importantly caused me to be grateful for the experiences I have had. When I was a boy I made a goal to live in Seattle and now as I type I can see the Space Needle from my own window! When you sit down and compile a list of goals you hopefully will realize how blessed you have been.

Here is just a portion of some of the things that are on my list (some of the more personal have been omitted):
a See Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band perform live ( I had seen him before but it was a solo tour and not with the E-Street Band)
Visit all 50 states (34 to go!)
Learn Spanish
Learn to play a musical instrument (harmonica, guitar, piano...)
Visit England
Gallop on a horse
a Move to Seattle
Learn to swim (properly)
Learn to cook (better)
Keep in touch with old friends
Visit every LDS Temple in the USA
Do an open mic stand up routine
Be a morning person
See a live taping of Saturday Night Live
Go on a cruise
a Be on the cover of a DVD case
Learn to drive a stick shift
Visit all 7 continents (I can't wait for Antarctica!)
Run a 5K (I'm just being realistic)
a Hitch hike
a Ride in a hot air balloon
Jump on a train while it's moving a.k.a. "ride the rails"
Keep a journal
See a concert at The Gorge
See a concert at Red Rocks
Understand Isaiah
a Have a backstage pass at a concert
Sit on the court for a NBA basketball game (preferably a Jazz game)

And the list goes on...


4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
AV said...

Heya guys! And Ben, I think England is an excellent goal, and I humbly offer my services as a tour guide when you go, or at least a list of the most awesome places to go. It's so good to hear about you guys!!

Tyler and Stacy: said...

Ben, we can help you check off two more things on your "life's list." They are:
1. Help you drive a stick shift. Our car is a stick shift and you can practice on her anytime. (We refer to our car as "her" because her official name is Chloe. You know as in Chloe the Civic. And since she is a sweet ride and all.

and 2. Sit court side at a Jazz game. Tyler's dream is to have court side season tickets to the jazz. Now, I'm sure we will be living in his parent's basement with our three kids to pay for them but I'm sure he would be more then happy to invite you.....since I am the ultimate jazz fan.......

mandy & ben said...

This is awesome! Tyler, Stacy and Amanda are all going to help me out.

Mambs: Before Mandy and I reproduce England is in our future, I'll be sure to contact to for help.

Tyler and Stacy: As long as you are patient with me I would love to practice on Chole. And about the Jazz, would not that be rad? Tyler and I on the floor! After those student loans are paid off I can't wait to sit courtside with Tyler.