Friday, February 6, 2009

Live Strong

Ben and I have had a difficult week, a friend of ours from church was diagnosed with Leukemia last Friday. His family started a blog so friends and family could get frequent updates. Last night we were sad to hear that our friend, Ezra Sherman, past away. Ben and I have had lots of time today to reflect on this young boys life and the incredibly faithful family he belongs to. We've had a few people ask us for the blog address so if you're interested in Ezra's story here it is: http://www.ezrasherman.blogspot.com/ As we read the entries on their blog we were constantly inspired by their faith and love for their son. During this sad time we have learned from Ezra and his family to appreciate the time we have on earth and to live life to the fullest.

Ben and I wanted to take a moment to say we are incredibly grateful for our faith, family, and friends. The support and love you give us never goes unnoticed. Every day we're given is truly a gift and we're thankful to have spent our days with the ones we love. God bless.

2 comments:

Cheryloxx said...

I remember when we took these pictures. I've been frustrated in the past with the Sherman boys but this was when I first started to really enjoy their spirit and life. This week has been sad and inspiring just like you said.

Ezra and Kandice have changed my life for the better. Because of the Sherman-Hemsley's family tragedy I'm going to make it a point to appreciate a child's joi de vivre and let go of my insistence that everyone do as I think they should do.

I wish there was some way to bring him back to Kandice. My heart goes out to her and yet, because we weren't really close I can only admire her and send her my sympathy from afar.

Thanks for the post.

Unknown said...

We love you too Ben and Mandy and are greatful for the part you play in our lives. I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of this young boy but am too greatful that we know where he is.