Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

For Valentine's Day Ben offered to make me dinner, this is quite the gift/offer coming from Ben since he doesn't have much experience in the kitchen. (One time I asked him to boil water and was asked, "How exactly do I do that?") He told me I could pick anything I wanted for dinner so I decided on spaghetti. I know it seems like a boring meal, but I love it! Ben was up for the challenge deciding to even making his own sauce! Wow!
We decided on a recipe from my Everyday Food Martha Stewart magazine. "Spaghetti with Bolognese Sauce." "Dee-zang! That's................... hot!" (Direct quote from the chef!)We even decided to break out the "Lennox"... beautiful dishes my sister got for us in Italy.The meal turned out great! Ben was very pleased with the finished product and has even challenged my dad (expert spaghetti sauce maker) to a "Sauce Duel!" I told Ben it was the perfect Valentine night! I am such a home body that nothing beats a meal while in comfy clothes and in a warm house! Happy Valentine's Day!

4 comments:

Stacy said...

How romantic.....I love it!

Life According to Scott said...

Ben I had no Idea you could not cook... Thank goodness you have a wife that dose...

If you ever need cooking lessons I will be more than happy to give you a few...

When are we doing dinner again???
and what date are we watching IDOL

John and Bree plus 3 (and a dog!) said...

If Demmy & Opa make the sauce, I'll make the bruschetta! Looked yummy! Missed you guys this weekend - Hopefully you can join us for a weekend at the beach sometime soon! LOVE, JBLMR<><

The Speres said...

We love pasta nights too! Tell Ben that his dinner is making me hungry just looking at it!
You two can come visit ANYTIME! Really. It is so beautiful down here. We really love it. We'll be here at least through this year (until December), so just let us know and we'd LOVE to host you two! We even have a semi-comfortable couch bed to offer!
Let us know! (We want to come visit you, too, of course!)