Sunday, June 28, 2009

Etsy.com

Well, it shouldn't be a secret by now that I LOVE to take photographs! Several of the photos I've taken around Seattle and other places we've visited I've had people tell me would make great cards. On Mother's Day I made my mom and my mother-in-love (wink wink) a set of cards from the cherry blossom photos I took on the University of Washington campus. The cards got RAVE reviews.

So that got me thinking...

I looked into opening a booth at one of the local farmers markets, but that meant I had to give up every Saturday and Sunday from now until October. I contacted a couple boutiques in the area about selling some cards but I'm still waiting to here from them. :( I knew there had to be another way, especially on the WWW. One day I came across Etsy.com, it is like a virtual Pike's Place Market. Artists can post their items for a minimal fee and sell to anyone in the world. Cool huh?

I created an Etsy site, you can visit it by clicking here. Or by clicking the link on the right side of our blog. (Please know I'm not trying to guilt anyone into buying cards from me!) I am selling cards in sets of 5 for $12.00. I have 3 different sets on my site right now but will be adding more as the week progresses. So if you're interested or you need a gift for someone and this strikes your fancy check out the sight!

**************************************************

I do want to say a special thanks to all of my friends and family (especially Ben) for being so encouraging and supportive as I've slowly started this new photography venture. I really appreciate all the nice comments and healthy criticisms :) I've received. They have really helped me grow as an artist and hopefully one day a small business owner. Thank you!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

You are amazing and the cards are a great idea! I know that Tyler will want to purchase every single one of your cards because you know how he is obsessed with anything Seattle. Keep up the good work!

FNL tonight??

mandy & ben said...

You go GIRL!

B