Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Hair

Here I am in 1988 sporting the same haircut I had throughout my childhood. My sister's and I often tease my mom and are totally perplexed as to why our hair was always cut like this. If you look closely, not only do I have an unusual amount of bangs, but my mom also had my sides cut. She claims it was to "keep hair out of my eyes." I think she secretly LOVED mullets and that's why I had one until I was old enough to know better! Since my mullet days I've continued to have short hair, no longer than a few inches below my chin. Except for a brief moment in high school when I joined the dance team and had to grow it out a bit. My hair has always been a point of contention with my parents, not because of the length or lack there of but the color never ceased to amaze! The crazy color days are behind me, although I'll always wish to be a real red head.

When Ben and I were in Hawaii about two years ago I decided that I wanted to "try" and grow my hair out. I've tried many times before but then get bored and chop it all off.I've been successful so far, and this blog post is mostly for me to see how much progress I've made. I know, it's a really lame post... but when you say you're going to post everyday for a month you really start stretching for ideas! February 2007June 2008July-August-ish 2008 October 2008December 2008April 2009Today

No comments: