Thursday, June 18, 2009

I Love the Library

One of my favorite things to do with the kids I nanny for is go to the library. We go just about weekly and check out as many books as they want. Sometimes I'll have over 75 items checked out at once! When I first started perusing the children's section 5 years ago with Natalie I definitely gravitated towards books I loved as a kid. Strega Nona, by Tomie de Paola, Doctor De Soto, by William Steig, and Alexander and the Terrible Horrible No Good Very Bad Day, by Judith Viorst to name a few. Now that years have past I have so many new favorites that I keep a list of them so I can remember. Here are my most recent favorites:
Boo Boo Bird, by Jeremy Tankard
Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity, by Mo Willems (I love everything by this author)
I Lost My Kisses, by Trudie Trewin
Friday My Radio Flyer Flew, by Zachary Pullen
Pout Pout Fish, by Deborah Diesen

No comments: