Monday, August 24, 2009

Don't Stop Believin'!



I am very excited for Glee a comedy/musical starting this fall on FOX. They previewed the pilot last May and Ben and I tuned in. At the very end of the episode the Glee Club is practicing their latest number. They sing Journey's, "Don't Stop Believin'." I though it was great and was humming the tune the following day. Later they released the Glee Club's version of the song on iTunes and I decided to purchase it! I introduced the song to the kids I nanny for and they've loved it... I've also discovered Lydia and the rest of the McDougall clan love singing it as well.

Last week I was in Bed, Bath, and Beyond (or as Ben calls it, Bad Breath and Beyond) with Andrew and the original song came on in the store. Andrew started rocking out, I spotted a 15-ish year old boy playing air guitar and lip syncing the song, followed by a sighting of a BBB employee singing along as she re-shelved towels. I felt like I was in a musical!

I'm hoping the reason why so many people of ALL ages know this song is they've caught the Glee bug. Watch the video and get excited for the shows return on September 9th!

2 comments:

John and Bree plus 3 (and a dog!) said...

Even Micah loves the Glee! :)

Life According to Scott said...

WOw I know I cant wait for the show to start... LOL I have hummed the song as well...