Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Just Like Heaven

First off let me say that I really am enjoying my break, probably too much.  I am working but the hours are slim so I am able to do a lot of catching up.  Like my father in law I cannot send a magazine or newspaper to the recycling bin until I have read it.  I guess you could say that I finish things I start.  But if you are cursed with this obsessive trait then you are left with stacks of reading material that can get a little dusty.  Any way I was going through a copy of Spin from last July (2008) and I came across this article about The Rock-afire Explosion reunion.  I'm sure those of us of a certain age remember going to Showbiz Pizza Place and catching a set or two by this group.  The best part was when they invited everyone to come to the dance-floor and cut loose.  Chris Thrash was able to buy and refurbish an old set on the cheap and now he lets them play more updated tunes.  I couldn't get to the computer fast enough to check out these music videos.  Check out songs from MGMT, Usher, Li'l Wayne and more!  My favorite is their rendition of Usher's "Love in This Club" but I thought I would include a classic from one of my favorite bands.  This to me is pure JOY!  I am so happy I came across it.  ENJOY!

1 comment:

Treusch's said...

Thanks for the shout out re vintage news(papers). You guys have really taken off into the blog-o-sphere with you latest entries. I really have enjoyed reading them! Your obsessive compulsive father-in-law.