Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Weekend

Thanksgiving weekend has been a busy one!  Ben and I have thoroughly enjoyed the company of these two:


Dinner was great at my parents house on Thursday as usual we had way too much food!  Ben and I brought green bean casserole, jello, and mashed potatoes.  It was hard for me to gage how many pounds of potatoes we needed to mash, in the end I think I mashed about 6 lbs too many! I always forget that there are so many "side" dishes for Thanksgiving meals and therefore a little bit goes a long way.  Oh well, left overs are always nice! 

Lydia was very excited to have the drum stick!

After dinner on Thursday Ben and I decided to stay up all night and go out shopping at 4AM with all the other crazies.  Somehow we convinced our friends Tyler, Stacy, and Joseph that this would be a good idea too!  My sister Bree and brother-in-law Colin were much smarter and slept a few hours before all the madness started.  The shopping was great, much more crowded than past years.  At one point Stacy, Bree, Colin, and I were waiting for Target to open their doors and it was about 2-3 minutes past when they were scheduled to open.  One woman ran up the line and began banging and yelling!  It totally made my "Black Friday!"

Saturday was the big rivalry game between University of Washington and Washington State University.  Ben and I decided to host an "Apple Cup" party so we could cheer on the Dawgs!


We had lots of apple themed food it was lots of fun!

My favorite the Apple Spritzer!  Sour Apple syrup mixed with Sprite made quite the tasty treat.  Lydia liked to refer to it as her "Fiona" (from Shrek) Coke. 

The fam.

And one with Mames.  :)

The Dawg hat everyone is wearing Ben got from our friends Tom, Shannon, and Andrew for his birthday.  Thanks for the great gift guys!  I think just about everyone tried it on today!  Our friends Tyler and Stacy came over for the game too, but they made it out of the house without a picture with the "hat"... you two got off easy!  I'll get ya' next time.

You tell 'em Lyd's!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fun pics Ben and Mandy. It's been a long time since I have seen the blog, it was fun to catch up on all you two have been up to! Mikey had fun seeing pictures of you too!Love you guys