Sunday, December 6, 2009

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

We bought and decorated our tree last Monday!  This is one of my favorite things to do probably because decorating the tree was a big deal in my house growing up.  We always had to drive to several tree lots to find the most perfect shaped tree.  Then for some reason my parents made the tree spend its first night in the garage "drying out."  As a kid I never understood why.  It was such a painful realization driving our tree home (that we spent hours searching for) just for my dad to hoist it off the car and place in water in the garage.  I always wanted to get the decorating started right away!  Now that I am responsible to get my own tree, I make sure we go somewhere covered so there won't be any reason to leave our tree out to dry before bringing it in.  At the Watson house it is a one night ordeal, we go out buy it, tie it onto our car, drive it home, and plop it right into its stand in our family room!  I usually start putting the lights on and Ben disappears... it's probably better this way because I have a certain way of doing the lights.  Then Ben reappears just in time to help place the last few ornaments on the tree.  Wishing you a Merry Christmastide! 

1 comment:

John and Bree plus 3 (and a dog!) said...

Yes, SEVERAL hours of "tree hunting!" Remember when we had to find 2 perfect trees?!?! Crazy huh? We got our tree Sunday & it took us all of 2 minutes - probably b/c it was literally below freezing & super windy - we wound up with a pretty perfect noble though! :)