Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Wubbulous World of William

Not a day passes that I don't bust up laughing at this guy's quick wit and quirky humor. 
 Check out what we've been up to lately! 
I bought some magnetic letters for my fridge a little while ago and recently William and I have been 'making words' with them. I put two letters together like 'a and t' and then have William choose a beginning letter. My sister Bree said it was a great tactile way for kids to begin reading. He seems hesitant to read anything on his own quite yet, but he is definitely mastering his beginning sounds!
 William prefers to make silly things out of the letters. Above is a 'letter-ature' of me. Ha! 
 Look it's a butterfly! 
 Peek-a-
BOO!
Here is his mom and dad with a heart in between them.
Lastly, do you know your animal kingdom? I sure do... now. A couple weeks ago William and I went to the zoo with a group of friends that are also a part of his weekly Nature School. The leader of the group gave each kid a chart with categories for mammals, amphibians, reptiles, fish, birds and insects. The idea was to have the kids write down the animals they saw at the zoo and place them in the correct category. 

Well, I sure needed a refresher on the definitions for each kingdom. William LOVED talking about what kind of blood each kingdom had... that's just about the only thing he wanted to know. It was all about warm blood or cold blood. We decided to make our own chart at home; every couple of days I give Will a few more pictures of animals and have him place them in the correct categories. Most of the time he is right on... he only gets mixed up when I throw in a trick animal, like a Whale or a Dolphin. It's been fun to discover more about animals and why they belong where they belong.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the letter pictures! Seriously that is some creative stuff!!! Maybe William will be a future graphic designer or something?!?! :)