Saturday, July 30, 2011

Garden Update

A few months ago I mentioned that I got a garden plot in the city and was working away to cultivate the best garden I knew how. With some help from friends, reading tons of gardening blogs and lots of hard work the garden seems to be flourishing! I love it. The picture above is a section of the Picardo P-Patch in Seattle, my garden is located a little farther on the left

I've noticed when I describe my garden plot to some of my more rural-based friends their eyes get huge at the concept. I suppose it is a bit unusual but I really love the community aspect of it. I've gotten unbelievable gardening advice from complete strangers and one day a nice guy came over and gave me about 40 leek starts to plant in my plot.

So for all you inexperienced P-patchers out there here is a quick tour of my plot. It is a 10x40 rectangular plot split in half with a path as to easily harvest all the food that you are growing.

Here is the north side of the plot:
 And the south side:

 
Needless to say I'm pretty pleased with the plot and have loved being able to share the fresh produce with friends. If it ever gets warm enough I'll have tomatoes coming out of my ears! 

1 comment:

John and Bree plus 3 (and a dog!) said...

Looks FaBuLoUs! :) Wish I could have seen it! Maybe next visit! :)