Friday, April 4, 2008

VIP Parking

While driving the three kids I nanny for to our favorite library/play gym this week I was circling the parking lot looking for a spot. The parking lot is always full and we generally have to circle two or three times before catching someone on their way out. The kids love yelling out when they see a spot, but often I have to explain that the paticular spot they see is for a person in a wheelchair or a vanpool. It's hard enough reasoning with 3 & 4 year olds as to why we can't park in those spaces imagine my dilema when I started pulling into this spot...

I'm hoping to live to see the day when a parking spot says:

"MOM'S & NANNY'S WITH THREE OR MORE

KIDS ALL UNDER THE AGE OF 5 ALLOWED"

3 comments:

Jacob said...

I found you guys through Jane's blog. I am also a nanny (7 kids! 14 months-16 years) but I am quitting in a couple of weeks because I am almost 8 months pregnant and going to trade in the nanny badge for a mommy one. Anyway, there are a few parking places in town for "new and expectant mothers" so far I've found them at Metropolitan Market and Babies R Us. Maybe they'll start a trend and eventually include nannies!

Jacob said...

Oh yeah:

http://tyshaandjacob.blogspot.com/2007/12/stork-parking.html

ggg said...

Ben and Mandy,
Great blog! I must tell you that the UW campus in the springtime is one of my favorite places. I think there are few places that are more beautiful. Loved those pics. Actually, I loved them all. Thanks for sharing!
Glenda