Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Old School Frozen Custard

A few nights ago Ben and I went to Old School Frozen Custard, in the Capitol Hill neighborhood with our friends Tyler and Stacy. I was especially excited to try this place because whenever we visit JBLMR in Vancouver we go to their frozen custard place, Sheridan's. I should mention that it is important to call Sheridan's, Share-wa-dins as Miss Lydia refers to it! I also need to mention that my niece Lydia and I always get the same thing at Share-wa-dins, we get Duht n' Wuhm's. So I was hoping to get Duht n' Wuhm's at Old School Frozen Custard to keep the tradition alive!
Success!

They didn't have Duht n' Wuhm's on the menu but I was able to create it with one of their Concretes. (Basically a their version of a Blizzard.) I had vanilla custard with oreo's and a worm on top! Ben had vanilla custard with butterscotch mixed throughout. We loved the place!
Every night they have vanilla and chocolate custard along with a flavor of the day and lots of toppings/mix-ins. That night the special flavor was Creamsicle. They have a calendar online so you can check out future flavors of the day. Demmy and I are hoping to make a trip when they have Hawaiian Coconut and Mountain Blackberry.

No comments: