Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Weather Update and Living Conditions

I am laying on our couch in complete darkness for fear that any extra light might emit heat and add to the 90 degree home in which I currently dwell. The only way for me to see beyond a few inches in front of my face is to shine my handy I-Touch, from which I type, around the room. I told Ben it seems like a scenario found in a horror movie.

Today was hot.

However, I did find ways to escape the heat:

1. Have a friend who is smart and stays in an air conditioned hotel when it gets above 100. Thanks Shannon.
2. Invite yourself over to friend's hotel and reap the benefits of the hotel pool!
3. Eat out. Ben and I found out with our friends Tyler and Stacy, that everyone has this same idea. The mall's food court was so packed it felt like the A/C was giving out.
4. Go to the movies. Again, a popular way to stay cool, "Harry Potter" was packed tonight! We had to sit in the 4th row. (But it was 2 1/2 hours of glorious A/C!

All in all not a bad day...

It is the sleeping in a 90 degree apartment that I'm now worried about.

Sorry for the whining.

3 comments:

Life According to Scott said...

Come on over I have AC... there is room on the floor!

John and Bree plus 3 (and a dog!) said...

You're not whining... I feel the same way!!! Nice Shannon is staying in a hotel with a pool - I would totally be there too!

Stacy said...

It was fun wasn't it? Thanks for letting me come over last night, that was fun too.