Monday, January 18, 2010

Cannon Beach


This is where we were all weekend! Cannon Beach, a cute coastal town in northern Oregon. My (Mandy) family had rented a beach house along the coast for the long weekend. Ben and I decided to go down one night ahead of everyone (he didn't have school and I didn't have work) and take in some of the sights. I have been going to Cannon Beach since I was little, but this was Ben's first trip. Our first night was very stormy, in fact we heard reports that wind gusts got up to 50mph that night. We arrived in Cannon Beach long after the sunset so by the time morning came I was very excited to show Ben Cannon Beach's pride and joy... Haystack Rock.

Even though it was pretty foggy and gray the view from our room was great! When Ben woke up he immediately bundled up and went out on the deck to take in the view. He was greeted by a local seagull at one point!









Please excuse the PDA (blush blush) Ben was dying for a photo from our balcony but I kept insisting it was too back lit and you wouldn't be able to see our faces. Then I thought, well, we could do a silhouette! I thought it turned out pretty cute!

1 comment:

ghd3 said...

glad you guys had fun. we love Cannon Beach! Beautiful.