Sunday, September 5, 2010

Graduation Continued... Again... I Know... It's Getting Obnoxious

About a year and a half ago Ben and I went to a cool movie theater in Seattle, called Central Cinema. At CC you can eat dinner, snack on gourmet popcorn, and sip on your favorite beverage while watching the feature film. While we were in the theater I was thinking "this would be a fun place to have a party!" As Ben's graduation date approached I recalled my movie party idea and thought what a great way to celebrate Ben's accomplishments, especially since his degree was Comparative Lit. with an Emphasis in Cinema Studies!

I decided we should rent a movie theater and view Ben's favorite movie, Breaking Away. I called Central Cinema only to find their rental rates were way out of my price range. After many long days of searching, brain storming new locations with my parents, and tons of hours on the phone, I found Stone Soup Theater. Not a movie theater, but with a projector and screen it was the perfect space for a few friends to get together and congratulate Ben!


My sister, Carrie, managed to arrange an old fashion popcorn maker to be in the lobby of the theater for guest to enjoy! Thanks Carrie!

I should also add that the party was a surprise! Even though I generally can't keep any surprises from Ben (he usually knows what all his Christmas and birthday gifts are 2 or 3 days before the day) I managed to keep the party a secret. I think he was genuinely surprised and excited to have an excuse to share his favorite film with everyone!

Thanks to all that attended, we had a great time celebrating with you!

No comments: