Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Summer Fast Forward

Whenever I've tried to write in a journal I end up forgetting about it after a few weeks. By the time I rediscover it the task of recapping everything that has happened since the last entry is insurmountable. So I give up.

I've felt like that about this blog lately, I've totally neglected it all summer. However, I have put far too much effort recording our monthly adventures for the past two years to never blog again. So I've decided to fast forward through summer.

It has been a great summer job wise. I've been at the pool practically everyday (who would trade that to be stuck in a building?) for swimming lessons with the kids I nanny. I think we ended up doing a total of 8 weeks of lessons! On the hot and sunny days we'd stay at the pool for free swim and I'd get a chance to get in the pool.
In July we had Ben's brother and wife (Adam and Carolina) visit for a weekend. We had a fabulous time filled with the quintessential Seattle sites. I think Adam and Carolina got a picture of all of us, but somehow I didn't. Oh well. Here Ben and I are on the ferry on the way home from Bainbridge Island. One of our favorite things to do with out of town guests. The perfect way to see the city!
We had some friends over on the 4th of July to watch the fireworks from the rooftop. Stacy treated us to a FANTASTIC Barefoot Contessa Flag Cake!
We made it out to a few Mariner's games. One against the Yankees and one against the Red Sox. They lost both, surprise, surprise. We had fun regardless, especially when eating the garlic fries!
Here we are at Safeco Field, please excuse the crazy hair... this was taken on one of Seattle's 90 degree days! We were melting. (I know, we're wimps!)

No comments: