Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Mandy, a Scaredy Cat?

I love watching scary movies... in the comfort of my home, with all the blinds closed tightly, underneath a blanket, with a hood tightly wrapped around my head.  No seriously, I love being scared in a movie.  I might overreact and get 'really into it' but for some reason being scared at home while watching a movie is fun for me. 

Last Friday Ben and I sat down to watch I Know What You Did Last Summer, a 'classic scary' movie from our high school years.  Some how we talked our friends Tyler and Stacy into joining us, we wanted to get into the Halloween spirit.  During the scariest parts (Ben is insisting that I say IKWYDLS is NOT a scary movie) I was running in place, screaming, and cowering under my blanket, while everyone else was laughing.  Come to think of it were they laughing at me or Jennifer Love Hewitt's acting ability?

I think I act the way I do because I put myself in the place of the victim or victim- to-be in the movies.  I just want to run for my (or their) life! 

Haunted Houses, now those bring on a whole new level of fright!  I can't hide under my blanket, something can come out and grab me or worse chase me!!  (The haunted corn mazes are the worst.)  Ben saw this clip of a writer on the Ellen show going through a haunted house and immediately thought of me.  He is spot on, I would like to think I wouldn't swear as much (who am I kidding) but when I watched the video it was like I was watching myself go through the haunted house.  Enjoy!  (And think of me!)

1 comment:

The Speres said...

You are so hilarious! I vividly remember watching that one alien movie (with the circles in the cornfields...can't remember the name) with you and "hoser" way back when and your hoodie was cinched around your head so tight!

My favorite scary movie of all time is "Wait Until Dark" -- I scream everytime.