Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Need a reason to celebrate?

I picked up this book at the library last week and have just plotted a years worth of fun food celebrations on my calendar!  I left off days that celebrate tapioca, turkey neck soup (yes, March 30th is apparently that day), heavenly hash and few more because some food items didn't seem worth celebrating. 

What's coming up?

January 19th - Popcorn Day
January 22nd - Blonde Brownie Day
February 13th - Tortellini Day
February 21st - Sticky Bun Day
March 26th - Spinach Day
(Is it weird that I'm looking forward to spinach day, lately I've been eating it by the bag full...  
my mom thinks I'm iron deficient.)

2 comments:

The Speres said...

Too bad we'll be there after blonde brownie day! But we can't wait to see you!!

Unknown said...

If I remember correctly orange juice or maybe just vitamin C is supposed to help you absorb more of the iron from the spinach. You could also celebrate by planting spinach!