Saturday, March 12, 2011

Oscar Party 2011

We had a fun Oscar Party a few weekends ago! I had actually seen quite a few of the Best Picture nominees making the awards a bit more fun to watch. We had my family and some friends over for the show. Everyone brought their favorite appetizer, making a delicious appetizer dinner. We had quite the impressive spread: pigs n' a blanket, hummus and pita, steak bites, jello punch, shrimp ceviche, veggies and tzatziki sauce, chipotle roasted and rosemary roasted nuts, and shrimp-cumin salsa dip. Few. That's a lot of food, no wonder I was stuffed!  

I decided to have a little fun with the decorations and had 'posters' for all the Best Pictures. I also had fun weaving film around one of my serving stands.
We made the night a little more interesting by placing our own ballots with our best guesses for the nights winners. My mom and Ben took home the first place prize... earning first choice from our take home movie candy pool.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very fun and very cute decorations! Looking forward to some 4th of July fun with you this year! :)