Saturday, July 9, 2011

July 11th

We've been off the blogging grid for a while... but we're back.

Ben has been asking me to update our blog for a while and I kept thinking, you do it :-) and we haven't done anything worth blogging about. Boring huh? I guess that's what happens when you're both gainfully employed. Your weekends become more of the catching up kind rather than the go out and doing fun stuff kind. 

I also have been a bit of a spaz in the camera department. I seem to not bring it places, 'forgetting it at home', maybe it's my subconscious' way of wanting to just enjoy the moment rather than capture every single second of it. But once I'm there I always wish I had a camera so my camera phone has to pull through for me. 

On this particular morning we were walking through the University of Washington on our way to the Annual Spring Scrimmage Football Game. The cherry blossoms were in full bloom (man I wish I had a camera). 

After the game we got to go on the field and meet the players and coaches (man I wish I had a camera). Below is our friend Tyler meeting his childhood hero, Ben's now adulthood hero, Coach Sarkisian.  I was shocked that 'personable' Ben was a bit bashful around the man he so admires and hopes never leaves the University of Washington. He wouldn't even ask for a photo. So this was the best I could do. I really wanted to find my favorite player Devin Aguilar but the field was so crowded we never found him.
The scrimmage game was a lot of fun to watch too! They played both aspiring QB's, Keith Price and Nick Montana, and based on my amateur football eye Keith Price was looking pretty good. We'll see what happens when he's not playing his own teammates!  

July 11th is the date when Ben and I can buy our 4-game Mini Season Pass. I've had the date on my calendar since February and I've got to say I might be as excited as Ben is for football season to start up again! Go DAWGS!

No comments: