Sunday, August 5, 2012

Christmas 2011

Alright, I've almost completed 2011 in my recap. Here you have a horrible quality photo of our Christmas tree this year. (Most likely taken with my phone.) Just posting this photo makes me long for the day when I can get out my twinkling lights and prance around the house decorating. Ben gave me permission (ha!) a few years ago to start decorating on November 1st. I know, I know, all you Thanksgiving-enthusiast will turn your noses up at me but decorating earlier makes me all the more thankful for my Christmas decorations!

Only 141 more days until Christmas 2012! 
 Ben and I got iPhones for Christmas this year. (It's changed my life for the better and probably for the worse.) This is the first official photo we took with one of our new phones. Hooray!
It wouldn't be Christmas without some sweet rolls. These are the famous butterscotch sweet rolls that I would wait for every Christmas as a young girl. My parent's friends, Bill and David would deliver them warm on Christmas morning. We all thought it was a secret family recipe and were a little nervous to ask for it a few years ago. Bill graciously gave my dad the recipe and all the tricks to the trade (butterscotch Jello pudding mix) a few years ago and I've been making them ever since. This year I actually had a few people request some Christmas morning deliveries. I was more than happy to oblige! 

These are the only other two pictures I took Christmas morning, and of course there is a story behind them. Every year my mom gets Carrie and me some cozy, comfy, super soft fleece pajamas. This is something I've began to expect to be under the tree. We love them.

Colin & Ben have deemed these pajamas as frumpy and relentlessly tease us in our fleecy pants that are covered in snowmen or reindeer or florescent green polka-dots. So this year my mom searched high and low and found some extra plush, super soft, guy pajama bottoms to give to the boys. I'm pretty sure I saw Ben sportin the fleece bottoms a time or two after Christmas. 

No comments: